Can I connect arbitrary hardware/sensors to the CoDrone?

• I'm curious about adding a temperature sensor or microphone to the codrone pro and just generally think it'd be cool to strap arbitrary hardware to it. Does the CoDrone have ports for connecting things like that? Can it carry a little extra weight?

• Hi @eboswort! The CoDrone itself does have a 4-pin connector. In terms of what it's capable of doing and what you can connect to it, I'll have to defer to @robolink_arnold for the specifics, since he's much more of a hardware expert. But you do have options to use that.

The CoDrone can't carry much, but it can at least carry as much as a LEGO person, which we've used in search & rescue challenges. Anything much heavier, and the flight becomes unreliable.

• administrators

hello, @eboswort so the four pins are for the power connection and for debugging the CoDrone. If you access those pins using external sensors it is at your own risk. If accidentally connect the pins incorrectly you will be out of the warranty. The payload capability for CoDrone is roughly 7 grams so if the sensor is lighter than that you can place it there, however battery life will drop with the increased weight and power draw. One thing to note is the firmware on the CoDrone itself is not accessible to the public so you would need some other form of communication to send the temp data. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.