SSH access to Zumi/Raspberry pi zero + few more queries?

• Hi,

First of all thanks for the product. After a bit of tinkering, I was able to make it work even with a missing long socket standoff. I have a few queries

1.) Running from jupyter seems pretty slow, sometimes things just get hanged? Do you have any ideas?

2.) What is SSH username/password? Ideally, I would like to directly run python scripts from the command line, that should be faster.

3.) I would like to install a small speaker so it can talk back? Any suggestions on how & what hardware can be used?

4.) On the Kickstarter campaign, you had a video that shows some demo of roads and car going through it and learning its path, how can I build such a demo?

Would really appreciate your quick response. Thanks for making this amazing product.

• administrators

Thanks for the feedback @pk123456 !

1. We are having issues with Jupyter on our end as well and we have our team working on it. In the meantime, try running offline and make sure only one is open at a time. If they get stuck, go to the "Kernel" tab in the toolbar and select "Restart and clear output".

2. The hostname is zumi1234 (or whatever 4-digit ID your Zumi has) and the password is "pi". You can also open a terminal session in Jupyter Notebook.

3. The board has I2C and UART pins for hobbyists. Keep in mind that the current draw for whatever component you choose should be low.

4. You will need lots of training data for this to work. For those starting AI it can be a little complicated, but we are working on creating a field with lesson plans. In the meantime, craft stores can offer cheap and easy materials to make a simple field, and I would start with writing programs that do simple color detection while navigating around obstacles. We'll update you when we get those tutorials out 🙂

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.