Updated Arduino Code to connect and pair drones?

• Hello. Last year I used CoDrone Pro in my classroom, but I'm having trouble uploading the Arduino code, as I haven't tried it since then. I've updated my software, as needed. Can someone drop off the new program. Here are the two I used last year:

/*****************************************************************
    Control - Analog Joystick Control
    This is a basic remote control program for the drone in flight mode
    *******************************************************************/
    #include <CoDrone.h> // The codrone library that holds all the background files for this

void setup()
    {
    CoDrone.begin(115200); // sets up the connection to the drone using the bluetooth module at 115200bps (bits per second)

CoDrone.AutoConnect(NearbyDrone); // finds and connects to a drone that is nearby

CoDrone.DroneModeChange(Flight); // Changes the drone so that it is now in flight mode
    }

void loop()
    {
    byte bt1 = digitalRead(11); // reads the far left button and saves it to btn1
    byte bt4 = digitalRead(14); // reads the middle button and saves it to btn4
    byte bt8 = digitalRead(18); // reads the far right button and saves it to btn8

// Stop when the left butotn is pressed, but none of the others are
    if (bt1 && !bt4 && !bt8)
    {
    CoDrone.FlightEvent(Stop); // This command stops the drone (it turns off the motors)
    }

// try to land when the right button is pressed and no others are
    if (!bt1 && !bt4 && bt8)
    {
    CoDrone.FlightEvent(Landing); // Tells the drone to land (slowly lowers until it hits the ground and then turns off)
    }

// PAIRING is set to true in AutoConnect if they connect together
    if (PAIRING == true) // Check to see that we are paired before trying to fly
    {
    // reads the joystick (analogRead(A#)) and then converts it into a value that the drone can use (AnalogScaleChange())
    // if any of the joysticks move backwards compared to the drone (up is down or left is right), add -1 * at the start
    // it will change the direction the drone moves when you move the joystick
    YAW = -1 * CoDrone.AnalogScaleChange(analogRead(A3)); // YAW (turn left or right), port A3, reversed
    THROTTLE = CoDrone.AnalogScaleChange(analogRead(A4)); // THROTTLE (height), port A4, not reversed
    ROLL = -1 * CoDrone.AnalogScaleChange(analogRead(A5)); // ROLL (tilt left or right), port A5, reversed
    PITCH = CoDrone.AnalogScaleChange(analogRead(A6)); // PITCH (tilt front or back), port A6, not reversed

CoDrone.Control(SEND_INTERVAL); // sends the values to the codrone, it will make sure that SEND_INTERVAL (~50ms) time has passed before it sends again

}
    }

...AND THIS ONE, AS WELL...

/*****************************************************************
    Control - Analog Joystick Control
    This is a basic remote control program for the drone in flight mode
    *******************************************************************/
    #include <CoDrone.h> // The codrone library that holds all the background files for this

void setup()
    {
    CoDrone.begin(115200); // sets up the connection to the drone using the bluetooth module at 115200bps (bits per second)

CoDrone.AutoConnect(ConnectedDrone); // pairs with a drone it has established a connection with previously

CoDrone.DroneModeChange(Flight); // Changes the drone so that it is now in flight mode
    }

void loop()
    {
    byte bt1 = digitalRead(11); // reads the far left button and saves it to btn1
    byte bt4 = digitalRead(14); // reads the middle button and saves it to btn4
    byte bt8 = digitalRead(18); // reads the far right button and saves it to btn8

// Stop when the left butotn is pressed, but none of the others are
    if (bt1 && !bt4 && !bt8)
    {
    CoDrone.FlightEvent(Stop); // This command stops the drone (it turns off the motors)
    }

// try to land when the right button is pressed and no others are
    if (!bt1 && !bt4 && bt8)
    {
    CoDrone.FlightEvent(Landing); // Tells the drone to land (slowly lowers until it hits the ground and then turns off)
    }

// PAIRING is set to true in AutoConnect if they connect together
    if (PAIRING == true) // Check to see that we are paired before trying to fly
    {
    // reads the joystick (analogRead(A#)) and then converts it into a value that the drone can use (AnalogScaleChange())
    // if any of the joysticks move backwards compared to the drone (up is down or left is right), add -1 * at the start
    // it will change the direction the drone moves when you move the joystick
    YAW = -1 * CoDrone.AnalogScaleChange(analogRead(A3)); // YAW (turn left or right), port A3, reversed
    THROTTLE = CoDrone.AnalogScaleChange(analogRead(A4)); // THROTTLE (height), port A4, not reversed
    ROLL = -1 * CoDrone.AnalogScaleChange(analogRead(A5)); // ROLL (tilt left or right), port A5, reversed
    PITCH = CoDrone.AnalogScaleChange(analogRead(A6)); // PITCH (tilt front or back), port A6, not reversed

CoDrone.Control(SEND_INTERVAL); // sends the values to the codrone, it will make sure that SEND_INTERVAL (~50ms) time has passed before it sends again

}
    }

...Any guidance would be great. Thanks!

• @robolink_leila Thanks! I'll give it a try!

• administrators

Hi @gregoryconely,

Please follow the tutorial in this lesson to upload your flight controller. We have updated some functions since you have probably used it. Make sure you update your CoDrone library as well in Arduino's library manager. Let me know if you have any questions!

Looks like your connection to Robolink community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.